Saturday, February 16, 2019

Season Scape Jars- Spring Loves in the Air!


So today I bring you my Spring Season Scape Jar! So I bought a heart shaped glass container and took my pink mesh wrap and blue mesh wrap that I had left over from when I made my bouquet holder for my wedding in July 2017 and since each strand has four rows I measured it to around the jar and cut it a little longer so I had more to play with. Then I took each of the mesh wrap pieces and cut it down to two row of strands each and you’ll see what I mean in the pictures. So carefully I hot glued the pink strands to the top outside of the heart jar, I think I started at the top of the heart in the crevice so that its hidden where it meets the other end of the mesh so it looks fluid. So right below the pink mesh I hot glued the blue mesh ribbon the same way as the pink.



So next I took some pink sand and spread it on the bottom of the jar up to a good level, I kind of eye balled it to how I felt so it really depends on depth of jar and how you feel about how much or little sand is in there. Once the pink sand settled and I was happy with it I took my bluish purple sand and put that over the top of the pink until almost at the top and so each level of pink and bluish purple were about even and were opposite to the placement of the mesh ribbon as the mesh were pink then blue and the sand was flipped to blue then pink and I thought that looked way better than had they been pink mesh blue mesh pink sand blue sand, if that makes since, lol.



I then took two purple and two pink roses and placed two purple and one pink on one side of the jar and the other pink on the other side of the jar. I then took a few strands of this white beady looking foliage I believe was supposed to be baby's breath and arranged that in the center of the jar with it mingling amongst the roses. I then took a purple and pink dragon fly and since they have wire at the bottom of them it was easy to twist it through the white foliage as if resting after flight.



So even though I say it every time Spring too has endless possibilities as well for decorating a season scape jar but this was a really fun one but took a bit of thought for me. Have fun!





  • Heart Shaped Glass Container- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Bag of Red Sand- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Bag of Blue/Purple Sand- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Pink Mesh Wrap Ribbon- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Blue Mesh Wrap Ribbon- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Pink and Purple Roses- $1 for each Bushel of each color at Dollar Tree
  • Bushel of White Baby’s Breath Foliage- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Pink Dragon Fly- $1 for a pack of two at Dollar Tree
  • Purple Dragon Fly- $1 for a pack of two at Dollar Tree













No comments:

Post a Comment