Friday, February 22, 2019

Summer 2018 Wreath!


My summer 2018 wreath came out closer to fall as I was running behind but none-the-less it was a nice wreath though my husband’s grandma gave me an idea about this wreath but at the time I couldn’t change it as I had used quite a bit of hot glue putting this one together so it was already finished when she saw it and suggested it. The idea was to spray paint it an aqua or ocean blue color and looking at it that would have made maybe a better overall impression for the wreath.



To start off with I took some really pretty bluish elastic cord, it came in a group of 5 different colors, and wrapped it as I would like and cut it to measure and then put a knot at one end and then strung the pearlized beads through it with a serious being white and then a black pearl popping up ever so often, the pearls brought in the ocean theme and matched the pearls already on the star fish decoration. Once the pearls were strung, I wrapped it around the wreath as I liked, I didn’t use glue I just weaved it and stuck it into the wreath at parts so it held.



 The next thing I did was I took my two fish, pearl strung star fish, sea horse and water flower decorations and figured out where I wanted them and then I hot glued or clipped them onto the wreath but because of the material they are made of I had to re-glue a few to get them to stick better. I then moved or repositioned the strung pearls to make them lay well with the other decorations and look fluid.



Once the two fish, star fish, sea horse and water flower were well in place I took sea glass in light blue, dark blue, clear and frosted and picked out the best of these and began to determine how close to the other decorations I wanted and when I had that figured I hot glued the sea glass pieces to the wreath and even piled them in certain placed and I think it looked beautiful but I’ll admit the sea glass didn't adhere well to the wreath too and had to be re-glued several times and during the coarse of it hanging on the door a few pieces fell off and shattered by the front door outside or were stepped on but most of the rest stayed on there really well. Next I took a few different size seashells and placed them in empty spaces where I didn’t have or want sea glass and where there wasn’t any decorations or pearls.  



I think the wreath looked pretty and I got a compliment from one of our neighbors who said it reminded him of Florida so gave him something to look at when he was sitting out front during the day, he said we have nice wreaths and likes to see what we come up with next. But looking back I wish I had added or done more for this wreath as it kind of looks bare because of all the brown showing on the wreath and think maybe had I spray painted it or added something else it would have been even better. But all in all it was nice and lovely and was very iconic summer!





  • Grapevine Wreath-$4 at Walmart  
  • Seashells- $1 for a bag at Dollar Tree
  • Sea Glass- $5.85 for a 34 oz bag at Walmart or now they have them in a smaller bag at Dollar Tree but at the time I was doing this wreath they didn’t
  • Faux White Pearlized Beads- $1.99 or around that at Walmart
  • Faux Black Pearlized Beads- $0.99 for a small bag at Walmart
  • Sparkle Elastic Cord- $3.97 at Walmart 
  • Two Fish Decorations- each fish was either $1.48 or $1.97 at Walmart around the Christmas season
  • Star Fish with Pearls Decoration- was either $1.48 or $1.97 at Walmart around the Christmas season
  • Sea Horse Decoration- was either $1.48 or $1.97 at Walmart around the Christmas season
  • Water Flower Decoration- was either $1.48 or $1.97 at Walmart around the Christmas season

















No comments:

Post a Comment