Friday, February 22, 2019

Spring 2018 Wreath!


In Spring of 2018 I did a pretty nice and simple technique wreath. I just bought a grapevine wreath and bought and or used left over flowers I had to make this colorful wreath. No hot gluing was necessary for this. After I gathered my materials, I placed them out in different ways to decide what was best before I got to work. So, using my wire cutters I cut the flowers at the stem a little further down than the flower so that I could bend the wire and wiggle it into the tight wreath branches so that I didn’t have to hot glue it and it worked pretty well. I then attached a purple and blue sequence dragon flies clips to the wreath and that was pretty much that.



I took some time deciding where to place the flowers and cutting them but once started it didn’t take very much time. The top of the wreath with the Blue Delphinium the end of it has a little round piece to the flower and I tucked that into a curly q piece of the wreath that was sticking out and it kept it looking nice without being stuck too far into the wreath or having to be hot glued. On each side of the Delphinium the blue and purple Hyacinths made the wreath look delicate and very spring like and they were some of my favorites I even put a few extra springs in my hair as a decoration for last years The Memorial of Jesus Christ Death (Lords Evening Meal) which we attend once a year and last years I wore a floral skirt with a yellow flowing top and so the florals looked great in my hair!



The two Sunflowers in the wreath gave a vibrant pop of color and seemed to go away from the blue and purple theme of the wreath but added some cheeriness to it that brought it all together nicely. For the purple and pink Roses, I did a two-one thing so two purple to one pink and two pink to one purple, so it was unique and fun! The white beady foliage I placed two sprigs by the roses to take up empty space and to make the Roses pop even more and look delicate and lovely. I played around with the placement of the blue and purple sequence dragon fly clips and when they were arranged nicely I put sprigs of Honeysuckle flowers in front of them as if they are eating in mid-flight. I did think of hanging a real mini-hummingbird feeder from it as I even bought some but it didn’t flow well with the wreath so I left it out.



So all in all it gave a beautiful pop of color to our front door last Spring and honestly this could be a look used all year if you like or even decorated in so many different way! Just  have fun in making a beautiful spring wreath to lighten and brighten any day!!





  • Sunflowers- $3 for a Bushel at Walmart or you can get for $1 for similar size and look at Dollar Tree but I used what was left on my $3 bushel which was left over from a previous project
  • Pink Roses- $1 for a bushel at Dollar Tree
  • Purple Roses- $1 for bushel at Dollar Tree
  • Honey Suckle- $0.97 at Walmart or $1 at Dollar Tree, I can’t honestly remember where I got these but either way they were either $0.97 or $1 for a small bushel of them and again I used what was left over from another project
  • Blue Delphinium- $1 at Dollar Tree for one long branch
  • Blue Hyacinth- $1 at Dollar Tree for a bushel or $0.97 at Walmart but again I can’t exactly remember where I got them as it was a while ago but I’m thinking Dollar Tree
  • Purple Hyacinth- $1 at Dollar Tree for a bushel or $0.97 at Walmart but again I can’t exactly remember where I got them as it was a while ago but I’m thinking Dollar Tree
  • White Beady Foliage supposed to be Baby’s Breath I believe- $1 for the bushel these were part of at Dollar Tree
  • Purple Sequenced Dragon Fly Clip- $1.48 at Walmart during the Christmas season
  • Blue Sequenced Dragon Fly Clip- $1.48 at Walmart during the Christmas season
  • Grapevine Wreath- $4 dollars at Walmart





No comments:

Post a Comment