Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Season Scape Jars- Winter Wonderland!


So now we have the Winter Wonderland Season Scape Jar! So my husband helped me with this one. We bought some Frosted Glass spray paint at Walmart and he took it and did the spray paint layers to the round scalloped lip glass jar and after he spray painted it he took time with a knife scraping along it to give it a look as if the it wasn’t all uniformed but as if the glass had frosted un-evening as does in nature. I think the look was interesting and at first not what I was expecting but after a bit I came to really love the look and still do and the winder wonderland is one of my favorite season scape jars.


So after it was let to fully dry I got some cotton balls from my mom so I didn’t have to buy a whole bag and not use but a handful. So I took a few cotton balls and pulled and fluffed them to make snow. I heard of other methods but the cotton balls method worked good for me. So after they were fluffed to how I liked them I laid it within the jar and maneuvered it so it was uneven and falling with the frosted glass outside so it looks as if the frosted glass and snow were uniformed but in the very real way you see in nature! Also I sprinkled a little bit of iridescent glitter onto the puffy cotton ball snow!


After the snow/fluffed cotton balls were laid just how I liked I went to positioning the silver white bird I had bought at Dollar Tree. It took a bit of time but I found just the right position and I hid the silver clip below the bird in the snow but just like the cardinal in the autumn season scape you can hide it as I did or remove them if you wish. So then not to have just white all throughout I bought a small bag of like 6-9 red shiny beads and I placed 3 of them near the silver white bird so as to resemble red berries which she can feed upon while nesting her eggs.


Speaking of eggs I bought 4 beads about the size of maybe a nickel or quarter and they were a dark green, I got these beads in the box of variant beads at Walmart in the craft section, the same as I got the red shiny beads. I decided to keep the green color but to cover the holes at the ends of the beads I used small rounds of cotton ball and stuffed a tiny bit in the hole and honestly upon placement of the eggs and the further elements you can’t tell very much. So I took some of my husband Anthony’s white paint pastel pencils and colored the outside of the eggs a spotted white color because the paint pencils didn’t adhere all that well but the look turned out well! So then the last element was I took some glow in the dark glitter glue and I applied it to the two eggs with a Q-Tip and coated the eggs in it but then smoothed it all out so it wouldn’t clump together and make the eggs look weird so it took a few frustrating minutes to do that, lol, also I added a little glow in the dark glitter glue to the cotton ball rounds in the holes at the end of beads and it blended in nicely. So after the eggs dried over night I added two of them to the jar beside the silver white bird on the opposite side of the bird from the red shiny beads. The other two eggs wound up with the red cardinal in the autumn season scape jar! I think the eggs being glow in the dark and the bird being sliver white it gave it a very out of this world winter wonderland look which I love!!


So with this one there are so many possibilities to make a winter scape so breathtakingly beautiful but I for one love the way mine turned out! Also word to the wise don't let dust coat them as I did as it dulls it and is hard to clean off so dust them often.


  • Round Scalloped Lip Glass Jar- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Cotton Balls- A few Dollars at any Health and Beauty section of most stores
  • Silver White Bird- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Green Beads- $0.98 for a bag of 4 of at Walmart
  • Red Shiny Beads- $0.98 for a bag of 6-9 at Walmart
  • Glow in the Dark Glitter Glue- A few Dollars at Walmart
  • Frosted Glass Spray Paint- $3 or $4 at Walmart
  • Iridescent Glitter- a few dollars at Walmart










No comments:

Post a Comment