Saturday, February 16, 2019

Season Scape Jars- Summer Sandy Treasure!


I bought a wide round and tall glass neck jar. I took my nautical rope and hot glued the end to the bottom of the neck of the jar and began to weave the rope over the other going up the rope and hot glued the new rope to the other rope as I went so that the neck of the jar was covered in nautical rope. I took a larger seashell and two smaller seashells and hot glued them to the nautical rope in a crown formation. After that I took some white sand, I’m not sure how much I used but close to a bag or so but each jar will depend on how deep you want it, and poured the sand into the jar and moved it around so it’s not all level but some rising higher up the sides then others so it looks more natural like. Then I took more seashells and stuck them under the sand and or sticking out of the sand, again go for a natural straight out of nature look.



I then took red and green sticker gems and placed them under a seashell as if they are a pirates hidden Ruby and Emerald gems lying to be plucked from the sands but wait…. A trusty lobster has been given the task of protecting the hoard of treasures! I placed the lobster with seashell support as if he is coming over the shell claws at the ready to stop anyone from touching the Ruby and Emerald gems.



So this Summer Season Scape Jar is a very iconic sandy seashore like one but this season scape has near endless possibilities to play around with! So go have fun in making the Summer Season to last all year long!



  • Wide Round and Tall Glass Jar- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Bag of White Sand- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Seashells- $1 for a Bag at Dollar Tree
  • Nautical Rope- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Crab- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Red and Green Gems- $1 for each Red and Green at Dollar Tree










No comments:

Post a Comment