Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Season Scape Jars- Autumn Forest!


So the next season scape jar I made is a definite fall themed one. So I bought a round scalloped lip glass jar at Dollar Tree and I took some of my lace ribbon from Dollar Tree and hot glued it to the bottom base of the jar which I think gave it a unique look. After that I added a little of the moss from the bag I bought at Dollar Tree and used on the other Season Scape Jar for summer/fall forest to the bottom of the round jar. I pulled a few autumn leaves from a bushel I had and laid them atop the moss. I took one acorn from a bag of decorative acorns and placed it inside beside the leaves as if it had fallen amongst it so to look fluid and realistic.


Now I took a red cardinal clip on then placed it atop the leaves. I originally had a LED tea light underneath the leaves which looked cool glowing beneath the cardinal but every time I took the LED tea light out to turn it off it kind of messed up the whole thing and I had to keep repositioning everything which was infuriating so I removed the LED tea light. Now in the pictures I had moved the cardinal bird to clean the dust off the jar as mentioned in the summer/fall forest floor season scape post and it moved the bird so that the silver clip is showing in the pictures. Usually I had the clip hidden from view by having moss or the leaves being closer to the cardinal bird so you can do something similar or I suppose remove the clip from the bird decoration all together.


The last element actually came about when I made the winter scape jar but I added two to this one as well and that is the glow in the dark eggs! So I bought 4 beads about the size of maybe a nickel or quarter and they were a dark green, I got these beads in the box of variant beads at Walmart in the craft section. I decided to keep the green color but to cover the holes at the ends of the bead I used small rounds of cotton ball and stuffed a tiny bit in the hole and honestly upon placement of the eggs and the further elements you can’t tell very much. So I took some of my husband Anthony’s white paint pastel pencils and colored the outside of the eggs a spotted white color because the paint pencils didn’t adhere all that well but the look turned out well, its spotted better on the winter eggs! So then the last element was I took some glow in the dark glitter glue and I applied it to the two eggs with a Q-Tip and coated the eggs in it but then smoothed it all out so it wouldn’t clump together and make the eggs look weird so it took a few frustrating minutes to do that, lol, also I added a little glow in the dark glitter glue to the cotton ball rounds in the holes at end of bead and it blended in nicely. So after the eggs dried over night I added them to the jar beside the red cardinal!


So this one took a bit more items so it cost a bit more but I think it turned out great! The colors of everything as well blended well! So there you have it the Autumn Season Scape Jar!


  • Round Scalloped Lip Glass Jar- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Moss- $1 for a bag at Dollar Tree
  • Leaves- $0.97 at Walmart for a Bushel of them
  • Acorns- $1 for a Bag of them at Dollar Tree
  • Red Cardinal- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • Green Beads- $0.98 for a bag of 4 at Walmart
  • Lace Ribbon- $1 for 3 Yards at Dollar Tree
  • Glow in the Dark Glitter Glue- A few Dollars at Walmart
  • Pastel Pencils- Depends where you purchase I just borrowed mine from my husband


















No comments:

Post a Comment