Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Season Scape Jars- Summer/Fall Forest Floor!


So a few months after getting married last year I got into crafting again and I saw some cool seasonal based jars online so I decided to do a few of my own for each season that came by and place them on the ledge that divides the living room from the kitchen and looks very nice and I enjoyed very much making them.


The first I made is a cross between Summer and Fall! I bought a small square glass container at Dollar Tree and I also bought two colors of glitter mesh ribbon, one in brown and one in green. I cleaned the square container and then I took the green glitter mesh ribbon and hot glued it to the bottom outside of the container and then put a layer of brown atop it which gives it a forest floor vibe but if I do this again I won’t hot glue it because the glitter mesh ribbon having slight holes allowed the hot glue to seep through and if you look close you can see the dried hot glue which I really hate. So if I had a do over I’d probably use E6000 Adhesive spray which I’ve begun using as of late and it works on most surfaces as long as time and pressure is applied for a bit but hot glue is still my go to on most things but in this one I’d use an adhesive spray next time.


So I used a tiny bit of the green moss I picked up at Dollar Tree and after pulling it apart a bit I applied to the inside of the container. Then I took a pine cone from the bouquet I had bought at dollar tree and after using wire cutters to the base of the wire I had placed the pine cone on top of the moss and then I pulled the white foliage off of the stem and leaned it beside the pine cone on the moss but since longer it leans itself up and out the glass container which I think makes it look even nicer. The last element is a green dragon fly decoration which has a wire on the underside which if bent can be placed in between the white foliage and as if supported atop it like its resting in midflight! So all the colors and the theme seem so much as if seeing a small element of a forest which I think is lovely.


Word to those that make this do better than I did in getting dust off the jar, they were kind of forgotten dusting item and so before the pictures were taken I cleaned them off but not with glass cleaner and so they may seem a bit dull in color but next I get a change I'll dig out my glass cleaner and take care of them better from now on, lol.


So if you make this there are so many possibilities with jar size and decoration items but just have fun!


  • Square Glass Container- $1 at Dollar Tree
  • 9 feet Glitter Mesh Ribbon- $1 each for brown and green at Dollar Tree
  • Green Moss- $1 for a bag of it at Dollar Tree
  • Green Dragon Fly Decoration- $1 for a pack of two Dragon Flies
  • White Foliage and Pine Cone- $1 for the bouquet the white foliage and pine cone was part of at Dollar Tree











No comments:

Post a Comment