Saturday, May 23, 2015

Grecian Braided Circlet

I wanted a Grecian Circlet for a prop for one of my book covers but I decided to just hire someone to do my cover art but I had already made this Grecian Braided Circlet, or rather I call it a Grecian Circlet as it reminds me of a Greek Goddess. I have a lovely blue and white Greek inspired maxi dress but I am not brave enough to wear this with it, though I tried it at home for fun and it looked cute. I am not brave enough to wear a circlet in public unless for maybe a costume party or Comic-Con or something. I love it and it looks so cool but I made it a tad too small as I thought I would run out of wire but I had lots of left over wire, so the circlet is a tad tight on me.

I used gold wire instead of copper as is stated in the below link of instructions but any color is fine. Also I had no wire clamp so I used a heavy box of movies to clamp my wire to twist. Mine didn’t come out as thick as the one in the link either.

I will leave a link below to where I found directions, they are better then I could ever explain.

Wire- It was either $3.99 or $4.99 or $5.99 at Michaels but I bought it using a 40% off coupon, lol, sorry I can’t remember price as it’s been a while since I purchased it.

Links to Directions to Make a Wire Circlet:

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment