Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ruby Red and Emerald or Glass Green Sticker Gem Hair Pins!


I bought some ruby red and emerald or glass green sticker gems at Dollar Tree a few weeks ago as I knew they would look cool on a hair accessory but I didn’t know how I’d use them yet. As I was looking around online I found an example where someone hot glued two bobby pins side by side to each other and then hot glued gems on the bobby pins and they gave those as gifts. It slightly reminded me of bedazzling bobby pins, lol!

So I got out two bobby pins from my group of 60 bobby pins and hot glued them together and afterwards I made sure they didn’t glue completely so I can still get my hair to go through it. After that I took out three of the emerald or glass green sticker gems and took the paper off the back and tried to stick them to the bobby pins but they wouldn’t hold properly on there own so I hot glued them to the bobby pins. The way I did it looks like a leaf in a way so it has a nature look about it. I made two of the emerald or glass green sticker gems hair pins!

So then after those emerald or glass green sticker gems hair pins were completed I got out two more bobby pins from my group of 60 now 58 bobby pins and hot glued them together and afterwards I made sure they didn’t glue completely so I can still get my hair to go through it just like I did for the emerald or glass green sticker gems hair pins. After that I took out three of the ruby red sticker gems and took the paper off the back and hot glued them to the bobby pins. I only made one hair pin at that time but a week later I made the second one as I decided I really wanted two ruby red sticker gem hair pins just like I did two of the emerald or glass green sticker gem hair pins.

Now if you don’t want them as hair pins I think if you changed the back from bobby pins to having a pin back it would look great as a brooch! They have a slightly vintage look as anything with emerald and ruby gems look a little vintage to me but they are still fresh and young as well!

If the gems pop off as has happened then just hot glue them back on. Also if you don’t want ruby red or emerald or glass green I am sure you can find other colors of sticker gems at other craft stores or sewing stores or anywhere sticker gems are sold. I put the picture of them in my hand to show the size of them so you get a sense that they aren’t really that small and so will show up well in your hair!
 
On how to make the Chain and Blue Gems Pony-Tail Holder and Interchangeable Bracelet that I am wearing in my hair in the below pictures stay tuned for that will be going up on this blog in the future!
 
I’ve already worn both the emerald or glass green ones and the ruby red ones and I love them a lot! Though they are fake gems they have a good color and catch light very nicely as well! They would be great for casual dates or even fancy parties!

To view the original I got the idea from go here: http://blog.consumercrafts.com/jewelry-main/studded-diy-hair-accessories/


  • Ruby Red Sticker Gems- $1 at Dollar Tree for a pack of 24
  • Emerald or Glass Green Sticker Gems- $1 at Dollar Tree for a pack of 36
  • Bobby Pins- A few dollars in the beauty supply section of most any store such as Wal-Mart, Wal Greens, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, ect.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment