Thursday, December 15, 2016

Farewell to a Tear Stained Year……2016


This has been a particularly rough tear stained year and I am writing and posting while still fresh off another teary moment. I’m half expecting something worse to happen in the next few weeks of 2016.

I haven’t added a year end list of the good, the bad, and the ugly in a few years but I thought I’d add this year end list.

This has been a year where I remember crying more than I have ever cried in 28 nearly 29 years of my life. I’ve at moments cried and prayed so much for Jehovah God to end the pain and half felt like the Biblical man Job.

Though I know my moments of pain pale in comparison to others and I’m not making light of theirs. Each person’s down moments are life shattering to that person.


The Good:

  • In February some friends at our place of worship helped us pay some of our bills!

  • In March my mom got a new job when she desperately needed one!

  • In April my dad got his foot infection healed!

  • In June we had an exceptionally wonderful 3 day religious convention!

  • In August I made a new friend from one of my favorite countries I’ve always wanted to visit, England!     


  • I got to make and post about my new crafts all year!

The Bad & The Ugly:

  • In January my nearly 17 year old cat Missy died.

  • In March my nearly 15 year old dog Precious died.

  • I’ve been jobless all year which led to major family drama.

  • In February my dad got a bad infection on his foot. We nearly lost our house this same month as we couldn’t find jobs.

  • In May my best friend Kendra moved away.

  • In July through to now I’ve been trying to determine if this guy likes me which I don’t like and see if his brother is keeping other guys away from me.

  • In December both my grandparents who have Alzheimer’s are in nursing homes or hospitals. My PaPa got in a car crash and my granny can’t remember why she’s in a nursing home and gets scarred.

  • In December the friend from England had to break off our conversations but not because he really wanted to but it was said to be the right thing but it broke my heart and I feel as if someone I loved as a friend died. I can’t go into the details though. He’s still a friend and alive but I can’t contact him any more. When I make friends I go all in and put my whole heart in and when I can’t contact friends any more it really saddens me.

  • 3 times a year January, April and May I entered short story and poetry contests only to not win.

  • My bank was fee hounding me all year so I had to cancel my accounts out.

  • My parents are having health problems.

  • I only have 1 friend who I can trust to confide in now and she’s busy with her life so try as she might she can’t always contact me and I know she can’t because of her responsibilities.

  • In December I’m about to turn 29 years old.

Hopes and Quotes for 2017:

When you hit rock bottom the only place to go is up! I keep thinking that with everything going on that things had better get better because I can’t handle any more badness.

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

Though my soul may set in darkness,
It will rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly
To be fearful of the night.
~Sarah Williams


We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharlal Nehru

When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it’s time to step into the darkness of the unknown, Faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly. – Edward Teller

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. – C. S Lewis

“May the love hidden deep inside your heart find the love waiting in your dreams. May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays.”

No comments:

Post a Comment