Sunday, December 4, 2016

Purple and Yellow Peony Flowers and Purple Butterflies Hair Pins!


As I showed last year in one of my posts about doing the meadow twist seen at this link: http://tabularasacoker.blogspot.in/2016/02/headband-twist-meadow-twist-medieval.html , I like doing my hair like that and I used to just place the fake flowers in there and hope the ends were rough enough to hold in my hair but I’ve had some close calls with fly away butterflies in a wind storm and flowers falling out here and there but fortunately each time I found them after they got out of my hair. However even though I found them I began to get tired of asking my mom are four flowers and two butterflies still in my hair each time I wear my hair like that.

So I saw an example not long ago of people using bobby pins to hold flowers and gems in their hair and I thought that would be amazing and way easier. So I took the fake butterflies and peony flowers and I hot glued the ends of them to the rounded side part of the bobby pins and used extra hot glue and pressed them firmly to make sure they stuck on real well and they did. Now when I wear my hair up in the meadow twist I can place the flowers and butterflies in without worrying about them falling out or flying away without me knowing! I also tried these fake peony flowers pins and purple butterflies pins on a side braid as seen below as I sometimes like doing a side braid as it reminds me of Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games! This method of hot gluing to bobby pins can be done as well with other flowers and gems if you care to!

If anyone is wondering about the lipstick color I am wearing it is Expert Last NYC and the color name is Blue Rose! I got it for $1.50 on sale at Wal-Mart!

 
  • Purple and Yellow Peony Fake Flowers- $0.97 at Wal-Mart. I bought them a while ago but I think they are only $0.97.

  • Purple Fake Butterflies- $0.97 at Wal-Mart. They had the Honeysuckle Flowers with two Purple Butterflies on a stem of the flowers which I thought was a great score.
 
  • Bobby Pins- A few dollars in the beauty supply section of most any store such as Wal-Mart, Wal Greens, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, ect.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment