Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sweet Poem!!

This is one of my favorite love poems. I think if a man thought this of me I would be in love with that man forever. I think it is a lovely sweet poem. I think this is what a soul mate and best friend really means. I think when your with someone you want to be different for that person and the feeling is mutual.
“Love” by Roy Croft
I love you,Not only for what you are,But for what I amWhen I am with you.
I love you,Not only for whatYou have made of yourself,But for whatYou are making of me.I love youFor the part of meThat you bring out;I love youFor putting your handInto my heaped-up heartAnd passing overAll the foolish, weak thingsThat you can’t helpDimly seeing there,And for drawing outInto the lightAll the beautiful belongingsThat no one else had lookedQuite far enough to find.
I love you because youAre helping me to makeOf the lumber of my lifeNot a tavernBut a temple;Out of the worksOf my every dayNot a reproachBut a song.
I love youBecause you have doneMore than any creedCould have doneTo make me goodAnd more than any fateCould have doneTo make me happy.You have done itWithout a touch,Without a word,Without a sign.You have done itBy being yourself.Perhaps that is whatBeing a friend means,After all.

No comments:

Post a Comment