Tuesday, November 12, 2013

After Typhoon Haiyan made landfall in the Philippines, can’t reach Friends

I am sure most everyone has heard about Typhoon Haiyan that made landfall in the Philippines and then headed toward Vietnam this last Friday. Well I have a friend there named Arjhon and his parents Arlene & Josue. His parents live in Iligan City and he lives in Cagayan de Oro City, both in the Mindanao Province. I have yet to have word from them and I have yet to hear how bad their cities were hit, though communications are still mostly down. I am praying they are fine and I am also praying that the Brother’s and Sister’s at the local Kingdom Halls are fine or soon will be. My prayers and thoughts are also with all in the country who were affected in some way or another by this most powerful storm. The pictures and video do remind me of America’s Super Storm Sandy and Hurricane Katrina, but Typhoon Haiyan was even more powerful and destructive.

I think if I don’t hear from Arjhon by this Friday I will try and get in touch with his Aunt Gemima and Uncle Keith who live in America, maybe they have been in touch with them over there.  

Again my thoughts and prayers go to all in the Philippines and Vietnam. May they all get the support and help that they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment