Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Disrespectful

Hey I saw somehting I believe is disrespectful today. I was on Borders.com looking at new books yet to be released and I came upon a book titled "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies." Everyone knows the first sentence of the classic Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. "It is a truth universally acknowledged... finished for your self. They took it and gave it and the book a zombie theme. I love that book it's a classic, I think it would make Jane Austen roll over in her grave no pun intended. I might be overeacting but I might not. The photo I saw for the book freaked me out. Everyone has a right to write what they want but I don't think a classic should be rewritten that way. I know as an aspiring author my self that I would be unhappy if my works if they became as popular as Austens, which I know they never would. I would hate that to happen. I even read something that said if your english teacher tells you to read the original Pride and Prejudice you should ask to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It would probably be the only way to reach kids now adays. I think that's sad. Well blog later TTFN,LWAP, AGAPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment