Monday, October 1, 2012

Power of Electricity

We are chained to electricity. We rely on it for everything we do, every day. From our T.V to our water supply. Recently I have been watching the show Revolution and other shows that deal with Electricity outages. This last spring I had a 36 hour power outage at my house and recently in India they had no power for like a week I think. You never know how much you rely and need something until it’s gone. The last week two in nights in a row our water is barely trickling, it keeps coming on and off. When the lights or water isn’t working I feel a heavy weight on my chest which reminds me of a panic attack though I’ve never had one. I used to not mind power outages but now I get a pit panicky.

I think about what it would be like if the power was gone. It would not be easy but as humans we are adaptable. If you sit all day 24/7 using your iphone, ipad, laptop, pc, what have you and one day poof powers gone forever he / she might struggle but if there is a will there is a way. They can adapt to going back to a time when man and nature were closer and sometimes in sync with one another, reliant on one another.

I like this quote…When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it’s time to step into the darkness of the unknown, Faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly. – Edward Teller

This scripture I like as well… (1 Corinthians 10:13) No temptation has taken YOU except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let YOU be tempted beyond what YOU can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out in order for YOU to be able to endure it.

We have everything we need inside ourselves. Deep down that will to survive and adapt hasn’t left us. I don’t want it to seem I want people to panic or become doomsday preppers *not that there is anything wrong with preppers*. I read once that if you spend everyday prepping for a disaster you are caught off guard by what you didn’t think could happen. Also you waste your life. Being prepared is good but no matter how prepared you are you don’t know what will happen until it happens or how you will handle it. All you need is to know you can do anything. Have faith you can survive anything from a minor natural disaster to a major power outage, ect. Have faith you can endure and never give up. 

With that said I still feel a bit nervous about what would happen and how I would cope even though I know I shouldn’t fear it. If it happens it happen there is nothing I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment