Sunday, November 13, 2011

Basset Hound Dogs being neglected in my Neighborhood

Last night we saw two Basset Hounds in our neighborhood eating out of peoples garbage. The male was of a good weight but the female she was skin and bones. Her skin was hanging and you could see and feel her ribs and bones. She is also a mother with a litter of small pups. It was so sad to see. She was such sweet dog. We thought she was abandoned but we followed her and she kept taking us to the same house. Then she started whining at the front door and then wagging her tail trying to tell us it was her house. Her pups were in the garage crying. The owners were gone and the dogs were eating out of there garbage too. We found out the people were in a neighboring state and wouldn't be back till the next day.

They had the dogs put in the back yard by the neighbor and the pups were left in the garage with no mother dog or food or water. They said the pups were weened but I think they were lying.

The female dog like I said was in a bad shape. If people can't take care of there dogs they need to find a good home for them. These people had like 5-7 dogs plus 7 pups. It's despicable they let that dog be so malnourished like that. I didn't see any other dogs except the male and female basset hounds but I only hope they don't treat there other dogs like that female dog. My mom contacted animal control and they will be out here tomorrow.

It sickens me when people do this stuff to there animals. It just broke my heart every time she whined and howled outside the garage trying to get to her pups. And it also broke my heart when I saw her looking for food. Fortunately two neighbors gave them food and then my mom and another woman up the street from us fed her too.

Come this morning a woman of our neighborhoods Home Owners Association that helped us last night went down to the house to check on the dogs. They were out of the yard again getting into garbage. But the owners sent someone to get the dogs and then came home to take care of the other dogs and pups. I think they did that because they knew animal control would be around. I hope they don't neglect there dogs after animal control comes and goes.

People Treat your Animals Better! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment